The Cyber Threat landscape is constantly evolving, and the number of organisations that have experienced a security breach has continued to grow exponentially. Unfortunately, this is partially due to one common misconception – bad actors only target well known brands, government entities and large enterprise organisations. Unfortunately, that’s simply not the case – everyone is a target.
“A poll of more than 500 business leaders found nearly a quarter of UK SMEs — equivalent to 1.3m companies — were likely to go bust if they were forced to deal with the average cost of a cyber attack.” [Cyber Security Intelligence]
If you’re a Managing Director, here’s our cyber security checklist with a list of questions that you should be asking.
Cyber security checklist: 10 Killer Questions for the Modern Managing Director
- What cost benefit is your investment in information technology introducing into the business?
- Are your systems providing the information that you need, to make critical business decisions in a timely manner?
- What would the consequences be, if your business suffered a data breach?
- If you suffered a ransomware attack, a hardware failure or a loss of data due to human error, how long would it take for your business to get back online, and what would the financial impact be?
- Should disaster strike, do you have sufficient internal IT resources available to quickly and efficiently restore access to your environment?
- Could your business realise a reduction in IT expenditure and an improvement in business efficiencies, through the use a third-party support solution or cloud service?
- With full time office working being a thing of the past, what impact will this have on your business, clients and suppliers?
- How are you ensuring that your remote workers are adding value and remaining productive?
- Have you reviewed the potential savings and benefits that could be introduced into the business as a result of the transition from a Capex to Opex model?
- Are you investing enough in Cyber-Security to protect your business now and in the future?What measures have your IT team taken to protect the business from ransomware threats, exploitation, known vulnerabilities and data loss?
If you answered ‘No’ to any of the above or you simply don’t know the answers, we can help you build Cyber-Resilience from the inside out, so that you can prepare, detect and defend your business from the latest Cyber-Security threats.